[Battlemesh] Custom Dual AP antenna setup for one router antenna plug

Huub Schuurmans huubsch at xs4all.nl
Sat Sep 21 18:44:40 CEST 2013

Op 9/21/13 5:44 PM, cmsv schreef:

> I currently use LMR400 and some LMR200. The cables are not longer than
> 30cm and i am curious to know if in fact there a lot of loss as you say.

Only 30 cm? No significant loss.

> My current standard  setup
> http://wirelesspt.net/wiki/Construindo_um_kit_wirelesspt
> (translation bar provided)

> By "thick N type" could you clarify with reference numbers?

H2000 cable,  0,2 dB/m

>> I would suggest to consider a setup that we have developed since and
>> have deployed on a large scale: using a box for routing over
>> ethernet-interfaces. Each ethernet port is connected using an ordinary
>> utp-cable to a wireless-bridge (we use ubiquity devices in bridging mode).
>
> Would it be possible to see a picture of this setup ?

lots of pictures available ;-)
e.g.
http://www.wirelessleiden.nl/album/index.php/CNodeJVC/ombouw_2012/JVC_50
or, if you like to see the set up on a church tower:
http://www.wirelessleiden.nl/album/index.php/ztw-SintJanOnthoofdingKerk/bouw
(this is an official monument, so we could only tie-wraps for fastening
the equipment).

> Although i use utp cables i cannot use poe and as far as ubiquity
> devices they are expensive and i am the only one bearing almost all
> costs of all hardware.

We have a large surplus of Ubiquity Nanostation-M2loco, which cost Euro
35, ex VAT and ex-shipping. If you have a VAT-number you wouldn't pay taxes.
This includes a PoE power adapter.
THese M2's have been used for one week only during a large event.

Are your total costs (including housing etc) less than Euro 35 ?

If you (or anybody else on this list) are interested in buying some,
please let me know.

They run also on OpenWRT.

Huub