[Battlemesh] battlemesh v6 test data postprocessing

Clauz clauz at ninux.org
Mon May 19 19:05:16 CEST 2014

On 05/17/2014 11:41 AM, Clauz wrote:
> On 05/16/2014 11:57 PM, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
>>> During this battlemesh I would like to post-process the data from
>>> Aalborg. I already produced some plots in the past days:
>>
>> Very strange results.  Are the pairs of nodes chosen the same for all
>> the protocols?  Are the protocols running at the same time, or
>> sequentially?
>
> The protocols were all running at the same time, but the tests were ran
> sequentially. The pair of nodes was chosen randomly at each single test.
> And, we didn't collect enough measurements to obtain the same set of
> nodes for all the protocols.

So, on Saturday I talked to Axel, who also did some postprocessing on
WBMv6 data [*] and who asked me to double check.

The script which has been used for all netperf tests is here:
https://github.com/cl4u2/battlemeshv6_tests_postprocessing/blob/master/netperf_test2/scripts/netperf2.sh

This can be also seen from the screenlogs, e.g.
https://github.com/cl4u2/battlemeshv6_tests_postprocessing/blob/master/netperf_test2/data/screenlog.netperf

So we had just one fixed source node and one fixed destination node all
the time. All the protocols were running at the same time but the tests
were ran in sequence.

Sorry. This happens when you put your hands on stuff after one year,
with bad documentation :(

Juliusz, it would have been really super to have your advice and
help during the last battlemesh events.

I hope this year's postprocessing will be quicker and that the
documentation will be better than WBMv6's.

Clauz

[*] https://github.com/axn/wbm2pdf/blob/wbmv6/tex/wbmv6.pdf?raw=true