[Battlemesh] Network configuration and address plan for Battlemesh v9

Henning Rogge hrogge at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 13:30:23 CEST 2015

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 1:29 PM, Bastian Bittorf <bittorf at bluebottle.com> wrote:
> * Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> [11.08.2015 21:02]:
>> In laying out the original /21 design for ipv4, I left room for more
>> conventional prefix (/24) distribution, and more radios.
>
> i like this idea, i just was just to shy for proposing it.

I think a /24 for each router should be enough... we could add the
whole /24 on the external LAN, but just (as proposed above) only give
out a part of the addresses via DHCP.

> what also circles in my head:
> for now we dont use any traffic-prioritizing of the signaling/mesh-proto
> traffic, dont we?

OLSRd/OLSRd2 both set the TC flags to get "high priority"... which
should (I think) be handled both by the default queuing discipline and
by the wifi driver.

> in our internal test we see totally different results when
> doing experiment with and without prio - at least for
> OLSR/OLSR2.
>
> IMHO we should tc-prio traffic of the routing daemons.

Henning Rogge