[Battlemesh] The Flent testing tool

nemesis nemesis at ninux.org
Wed Aug 12 22:41:06 CEST 2015

 Hi Toke,

 On Wed, 12 Aug 2015 14:15:17 +0200, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen
 <toke at toke.dk> wrote:
> Matthieu Boutier <boutier at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr> writes:
>
>> Flent was looking really great. For sure, we will be happy to play
>> with it as soon as you post the results! I hope you didn't loss you
>> USB stick! ;-)
>
> Thanks, and cool! Found the USB stick; will post the results in a
> separate mail.
>
>> And by the way, did Flent already draw ECDF (Empirical Cumulative
>> Distribution Function)?
>
> Yep, it does (though I just call them CDFs, the basic assumption
> being
> that everything it plots is empirical). It also does box plots, bar
> plots, qq plots, timeseries plots and bandwidth-delay plots, in
> various
> configurations. And it can combine result sets in various ways.
> Basically, everything I need for my own plotting I put into Flent ;)

 Flent is really cool. I regret not having watched you using it, but I
 was propably busy preparing something for the results presentation.

 If you manage to export the graphs in SVG format it would be great.

 This way I'll be able to put all the graphs on the (now outdated docs):
 http://battlemesh-test-docs.readthedocs.org/v8/3-the-mesh-of-death-adversity.html

 Notice the drawing is in SVG format, which works pretty well on mobiles
 too because it can be resized easily:
 http://battlemesh-test-docs.readthedocs.org/_images/3-mesh-of-death-adversity-full-mesh.svg

 SVG are also good to store on github, since they are not binary but
 plain XML.

 Federico