[Battlemesh] Endorsements v8 [was Battlemesh V8 Maribor - Doodle results]

Simon Wunderlich sw at simonwunderlich.de
Fri Jan 23 15:08:03 CET 2015

Hey,

On Friday 23 January 2015 12:31:31 Nemesis wrote:
> On 01/23/2015 01:08 AM, cmsv wrote:
> > Hello fellow meshers.
> > I just would like to get the confirmation for the final decided dates
> > and also would like to know if there will be a new poster this year.
> >
> > As in previous years, wirelesspt.net is endorsing the battlemesh again.
>
> Most of the work has been done last year so it can be recycled, although
> in my free time I am quite busy with GSoC preparations and development
> so I doubt I'll be able to design the poster, get feedback, improve it
> and so on.
>
> *Question for the hosters*: do you have any volounteer that can prepare
> the poster?
>
> I can take care of collecting the endorsements and the logos that will
> be sent to the designer.
>
> *One thought*: I think limiting the endorsements to those communities
> that are actively involved in some task has more sense than just showing
> some random logos of people saying they like us.
> For being involved I intend doing one or more of the following:
> presenting, helping to organize, donating money or hardware, all which
> imply attending the event.

We could split the endorsement into "supporters" and
"helpers/sponsors/whatever". However it would still be cool to have some
prepared text which communities can put on their websites, even if they are
not directly involved - just to support us. If we cut endorsements to
supporters only then we would also lose coverage. :)

Just my 2 cents
    Simon