[Battlemesh] Code of conduct

Ilario iochesonome at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 15:42:33 CEST 2015

> On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 2:24 PM, Jonathan Morton <chromatix99 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> It can probably be as simple as:
>>
>> Don't be a knobhead.
>> If you think someone is being a knobhead, talk to X.
>
> This sounds good... a healthy does of "common sense".

+1 this sounds good also for me. As Nemesis points out, a rigid
definition of knobhead can be tricky and have backlashes. Anyway
problems do exist (but this year will be my first attendance to WBM,
so I have no real basis for discussion) and discussing about them is
amazingly good.

Here you are another (very experimental) proposal:
we could put in agenda each day a 10-15 minutes gathering for
discussing freely about human factor in non-hierarchic groups like a
community network or a hack camp as WBM.
I think that this could also push us to analyze what's eventually
going wrong during the camp.
Moreover the (hopefully) resulting awareness will be long term more
effective than an externally imposed code of conduct. Indeed we could
even conclude that a code of conduct is the best way...
See you there!
Ilario