[Battlemesh] Open Tasks - please volunteer!

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 11:08:03 CET 2015

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 10:24 AM, Benjamin Henrion <zoobab at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> This, this, and again this.
>>
>> Please all remember that we did quite an effort to collect what has gone
>> wrong in order to not repeat the same mistakes.
>>
>> So I HIGHLY suggest to read the "Lessons Learned" page here:
>> http://docs.battlemesh.org/v8/lessons-learned.html
>
> Any idea where the routers are at the moment?
>
> We should be able to run some pre-tests all the year long.

+10!

> Not to mention the lack of RF data.

We have a small lab going up here at the university of karstad where
toke and I (and whoever else we can get to help(?)) will be working on
finally getting per station queueing to work with aggregation and
trying to apply derivatives of the fq_codel algorithm to that...

Part of that lab, eventually, will have some attenuators and so on to
simulate some RF problems.

So I'd like to get more people A) running the flent tools in general
against their routers of choice and B) telling us what would be good
data to be collecting at the link layer (our problems are far, far
from just "bufferbloat") and C) are there any good tools (besides a
sniffer) for looking at what is going on in the air I could put into
next years budget?

a really huge ongoing problem is that we really need to find some
802.11ac hardware worth working with, also.