[Battlemesh] FSFE on the FCC/EU panel at BM9?

leonardo mail at leonardo.ma
Thu Apr 7 09:51:44 CEST 2016

Dear All,

in the frame of netCommons we were discussing how we can help with the
issue of FCC/EU Radio directive lockdown. For the time being we started
to collect all information and we thought that we could bridge the
various efforts together.

I see there is a panel on the theme in the BM program on Wed 4th, and
we thought that it could be nice to have somebody from FSFE intervene,
to tell the state of things in Europe. I contacted Max Mehl, that is
the person working on this in the FSFE and he gave me his availability
to participate remotely, depending on the effort we ask him.
Filipe already said they can set-up a remote video call, so i see no
technical problem.

Is it ok for Simon and the others that proposed the panel if ask Max to
participate to the panel and leave him some time (>=15 minutes) to
review what is the state of things in Europe and what the are the plans
of the FSFE?

ciao,
leonardo.