[Battlemesh] Gigabit switch/router openwrt with SFP

Baptiste Jonglez baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org
Tue Apr 19 22:15:50 CEST 2016

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 04:10:06PM +0200, Musti wrote:
> I am writing to you in search of an openwrt device using the switch
> functionality, ideally I need something like RB260GSP:
> http://routerboard.com/RB260GSP
>
> Requirements:
> - runs openwrt
> - gigabit switch with one SFP port
> - PoE in and out
> - gpio/uart somewhat exposed or on some pads

Have a look at Netonix, they make gigabit switches with PoE in/out, for
instance this one:

  https://www.netonix.com/wisp-switch/ws-6-mini.html

There are others with SFP ports, and you may be able to hack a PoE input,
for instance on this one:

  https://www.netonix.com/wisp-switch/ws-12-250-dc.html

Unfortunately, the hardware does not seem to be supported by OpenWRT.

Baptiste