[Battlemesh] 802.11ac improvements [was: What hardware still works?]

Valent Turkovic valent at otvorenamreza.org
Mon Feb 29 21:48:13 CET 2016

On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 9:43 PM, Adam Longwill <adam.longwill at metamesh.org>
wrote:

> Continuing this discussion,
>
> Does the ath9k chip support AC?

No. ath9k is only for 802.11n hardware not for 802.11ac

And there is not any device that runs stable and reliable with 802.11ac and
ath10k driver. I have asked this question periodically every few weeks on
#openwrt irc and gotten same answer so far - "no" :(

I guess there are too little developers working on it, and hiring
high-skilled developers is quite expensive... so not sure when and how or
if ever we will get and decent 802.11ac support in OpenWrt... :(