[Battlemesh] What hardware still works?

fboehm fboehm at aon.at
Tue Mar 1 15:11:01 CET 2016

Am 01.03.2016 um 03:25 schrieb Adam Longwill:
> In speaking with GL-INET, they recommend using the Ath9531 chip. What's
> the best way to research the pros and cons of this chip to better
> understand what we are getting into by exploring manufacturing "our own"
> device?

AR9531 has builtin radio. If you consider having a board without radio
(for easier certification) you would likely have to get rid of the
wireless parts on the PCB and add a separate PCIe radio.

Still, you actually pay the wireless-feature in the chipset.

Why not use a MT7621 with more up-to-date performance and interfaces?

Franz