[Battlemesh] [OpenWrt-Devel] Request for Feedback - prplwrt Software Support Program - initial draft

fboehm fboehm at aon.at
Fri Mar 4 14:27:49 CET 2016

Am 04.03.2016 um 12:37 schrieb Saverio Proto:
> Wow,
> I received your email on so many mailing lists that I could not stop
> from answering.
>
> Could you please give some context about what is prplwrt ?
> I have been working with OpenWrt since 2006 and it is the first time I
> hear about prplwrt.
>
> The website did not help, and all this people are unknown to me:
> http://prplfoundation.org/board-of-directors/
>
> I guess your email needs a proper introduction.
>
> thanks !
>
> Saverio

Prpl ("Purple") seems to like OpenWRT and hence open-source. Furthermore
the board of directors includes representatives of well-known WiFi chip
manufacturers.

I think this could be a great opportunity to discuss some major
difficulties when it comes to development of 802.11 drivers for
OpenWRT/Linux.

Such a discussion could lead to a mutual understanding of technical
requirements and goals. To finally foster a relationship between both
organizations (prpl + OpenWRT).

Franz