[Battlemesh] Battlemesh Reconnaissance team going to Austria!

Simon Wunderlich sw at simonwunderlich.de
Thu Oct 20 12:09:47 CEST 2016

Hi Battlemeshers,

as you may know, we were visited in Porto by one of our Battlemesh founding
fathers, Xavier, to discuss a possible next event in France. We followed up
with the local crew in France in the following months, trying to find a venue
and local supporters, but couldn't get the momentum we need to make an event
happen there. In the meantime, as suggested by our friends in Paris, we also
discussed an alternative plan, together with the Funkfeuer guys from Vienna,
and they are very motivated to organize a battlemesh there. Therefore, we are
happy to announce that we will do a reconnaissance mission for WBMv10 to
Vienna, Austria from Nov 9th to 12th!

Filipe, Marek and myself will be visiting the city, checking out potential
venue and accommodation options and kickstart the organization. Our local team
is made from the Funkfeuer Crew around Paul Fuxjaeger, Clemens Hopfer, Albert
Rafetseder, and more.

If you happen to know any hackers, communities, hacker spaces or activists we
should meet/check out, please let us know or connect us with them! Also if you
are in Vienna or in the area, feel free to join. :)

As always, we will keep you posted on the mailing list!

Cheers,
     Simon