[Battlemesh] Testbed - how to organize this year?
jch at pps.jussieu.fr
Sat Mar 25 00:01:36 CET 2017
> my personal list of burning research questions ;)
I find your list intriguing, and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
> - what's currently the optimal throughput metric to use?
Interesting question. There's a tradeoff here between making the right
routing decisions and implementation complexity, so I'd reformulate it as
"at which point does adding complexity to metric computation yield
diminishing returns". There's a serious lack of experimental data in this
> - does airtime fairness scheduling make sense in mesh?
Right. I think we're all convinced that it does, but how to design an
experiment that proves it?
> - is it optimal to use 802.11s(norouting) instead of IBSS?
I plead incompetence.
> - what's the potential of per packet power control?
Very interesting, but difficult to measure.
Here are my additions to your list, obviously biased towards my research:
- is radio-diversity routing (bmx7, Babel-Z) worth it, and in what topologies?
- is RTT-based routing (Babel-RTT) useful in meshes? (It's known to be
useful in overlay networks, which is what it has been designed for.)
- is source-specific routing useful for the mesh community?
- can we use ToS for something?
- is there any sense in developing autoconfiguration protocols, or is
DHCPv6-PD good enough?
More information about the Battlemesh