[Battlemesh] wireless routing protocol with ipv6 segment routing?

freifunk at yanosz.net freifunk at yanosz.net
Fri Jan 11 14:04:55 CET 2019

Hello,

Am 11/01/2019 um 13.48 schrieb Jan Luehr:
> Hello,
>

> Am 11/01/2019 um 13.32 schrieb freifunk at yanosz.net:
>> Hei,
>>

>> Am 11/01/2019 um 11.41 schrieb Benjamin Henrion:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I was just watching Olivier Bonaventure talk here:
>>>
>>> https://rwth.video/18ws-dls/13814
>>>
>>> He is mentioning IPv6 segment routing, which allows any path choice
>>> from the client side, looks like a VERY interesting feature for our
>>> case.
>>>
>>> Anybody has ever played with it?
>>
>> Yep - WiVack does. But its backhaul not featuring ad-hoc. Using MPLS its
>> dual stack.

Args - WiBACK.

Btw. the general idea is to implement a controller alongside. Segmnet
routing is just a strategy to implement load balancing or failover. You
still need a protocol for topology things.

E.g. Wireless Mesh Software Defined Networks (wmSDN) - DOI
10.1109/WiMOB.2013.6673345

Greetz, yanosz