[Battlemesh] Two new talks in the morning

Paul Fuxjaeger paul.fuxjaeger at gmx.at
Fri Jul 12 09:19:41 CEST 2019

and these are the talk descriptions:

=== ActivityPub, the Fediverse and Decentralized IDs ===

Have you heard of Mastodon yet? It's a federated social network (similar
to Twitter) that has been slowly but steadily growing over the last two
years. While it's not mainstream yet (only around 2.5Mill users), the
technology underneath it (Activity Pub and JSON-LD) make it a very
hopeful candidate for helping us escape the platform zombie apocalypse.

In order to ensure long-term stability of such a federated network it
may make sense to combine it with another new technology called
decentralized identifiers (DID). Using DIDs we may be able to avoid the
problems that Moxie mentioned in his well known blogpost on federation
("the ecosystem is moving").

The DID standard is the result of many years of work by
rebooting-the-web-of-trust community.

=== MultipathTCP with (un)meshed networks, and running Babel/OLSR/BMX7
inside kubernetes and containers ===

This talk will be split in 2 parts:

1. MultipathTCP with (un)meshed networks, which is the result of 2 years
of GSOC on integrating MultipathTCP inside OpenWRT, and optimising a TCP
SOCKS proxy to double the speed of your connexion. See the second part
"GSoC 2018 - project presentations":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0BWgeNpBOU&t=859

2. Running Babel/OLSR/BMX7 inside Kubernetes and containers, see
https://github.com/zoobab/babeld-in-docker and
https://github.com/zoobab/olsrd-in-docker