[Battlemesh] Call for WBMv13 Location Proposals

Filipe Borges Teixeira filipebteixeira at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 21:01:03 CEST 2019

Hi Battlemeshers,

Let us begin by thanking you for joining us in Paris for the v12 of the
Wireless Battle of the Mesh and all the effort of the local team for
another great event! At our Battlemesh Community meeting, we have discussed
future locations for WBM. We had some candidates for hosting the event [1],
but would like to open the stage for new places. We are now making a call
for WBMv13 Location Proposals.

If you are unsure to step up, do not worry! Organizing Battlemesh requires
some effort from the local team, but is not too difficult, and you are
never on your own -- the mentor team, the previous edition's organizers,
and the Battlemesh community are here to assist you!

Here is the basic Wireless Battle of the Mesh .conf file:

 * A place in Europe that can be easily reachable and, if possible,
affordable to travel to;
 * A venue for about 100 participants for about one week, that provides
space for work and for talks, and Internet access;
 * Food (supermarket, restaurant, canteen, catering, cooking on-site, ...)
and affordable accommodation (hotels, hotels, camping, ...) is available in
proximity;
 * The available dates do not conflict with other community events (or we
join forces and collocate :-) ).

That is it. A motivated local group of three or so usually suffices for
scouting and handling most on-site tasks before and during the event.

Other parts of the Battlemesh experience -- T-shirts, video streaming,
social events, ... -- are subject to feasibility and community support.
Note that Battlemesh historically has no entry fees and strives to provide
a free-of-charge, open-for-all event.

So you are thinking of hosting the next Battlemesh? Please follow up with
your proposals by October 26th, *even if it is still a rough idea*. Send an
e-mail to the organizers' mailing list at v13 at battlemesh.org with the
maximum detail possible. A template for submitting the proposal is
available on the Battlemesh wiki [2].

After reviewing and iterating the possible locations during the following
weeks, the mentor team will set up a recon visit for the best candidate
location and announce the final decision after a successful visit.

If you do not have any proposal but would like to get more involved in
organizing the next WBM please let us know!

On behalf of the mentor team,
Best Regards,
Filipe Teixeira

[1] https://pad.gresille.org/p/wbmv12