[Battlemesh] Fwd: fcc vote on 6ghz thursday

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 19:49:28 CEST 2020

related documents:

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 10:32 AM
Subject: Re: fcc vote on 6ghz thursday
To: Make-Wifi-fast <make-wifi-fast at lists.bufferbloat.net>

H/T to james. First reading - ALL wifi 6ghz access points need to
report their location to a centralized FCC database
via a yet to be written "AFC" system. Hmmm...

more:

https://docs.fcc.gov/public/attachments/DOC-363490A1.pdf (linked from
here:  https://www.fcc.gov/document/promoting-unlicensed-use-6-ghz-band-0)

Draft rules are in appendix A. They could have changed slightly
between the agenda release on Apr 2, and the meeting/vote tomorrow.
Final version will be published after the meeting tomorrow. Don't ask
me how long that takes.

For the very high level summary of the four operating modes, see III
A, III B, IV A and IV B in the Table of Contents.

III. Report and Order:
A. Standard-Power Operations in U-NII-5 and U-NII-7 Bands
B. Low-Power Indoor Operations Across the Entire 6 GHz Band
IV. Further Proposed:
A. Very Low Power Operation
B. Higher Power Spectral Density for Low Power Indoor Operations

--
Make Music, Not War

Dave Täht
CTO, TekLibre, LLC