[Battlemesh] Fwd: Google Season of Docs projects for OpenWrt

Steve Newcomb srn at coolheads.com
Tue Jun 9 15:47:42 CEST 2020

On 6/9/20 6:46 AM, fboehm at aon.at wrote:
> But if the style of this documentation is going to be another
> Wiki-like collaboration - instead of a proofread book - then I'm
> likely not the right person.
I think what's needed is an unambiguous statement about the relationship
between responsibility and authority with respect to the documentation
produced under the rubric of Season of Docs.  I gather it's a fraught
topic in this community, it evidently having been central to a recent
pseudo-civil-war and (quite remarkable!) reunification episode.

It seems to me that if authority and responsibility are separated,
failure is inevitable, but there are many ways in which to unite them,
some simple, and some more complex.  What's the drill, O mentors and
admins?  The question cannot be dodged nor finessed.