[Battlemesh] teleconferencing systems

Mitar mitar at tnode.com
Fri Mar 13 21:26:54 CET 2020

Hi!

> By the way, can you REALLY manage a meeting with 40+ participants that
> way? Can you explain how does work that kind of meetings? Because if
> there are 50 participants but only 4-5 of them speak. Then you can have
> that 4-5 jitsi meeting and a streaming for the rest (with a chat channel
> for extra communication?) or maybe only inviting the people that is
> willing to say something. Or maybe calling some of them to say something
> (like the radio did in the past)

I am thinking more for a lecture setting, where most of the time one
person is speaking, but it is still nice if students can ask questions
by speaking. Having 40 people in such setting is not too hard to
imagine. I think the nice side of teleconferencing systems vs. streaming
is that it is pretty easy to create a "virtual room", share the link and
others just join, and then depends on the content of the lecture you
have more one sided lecturing or more discussion, and it is easy to
transition.

Does jitsi use Web-RTC? I think this is why it does not scale so well
and have high latencies, P2P without central big-money central servers
with special routing.

Mitar

--
http://mitar.tnode.com/