[Battlemesh] TincVPN with routing protocols for WBMv13?

Vincent Wiemann vincent.wiemann at ironai.com
Fri Oct 16 00:43:39 CEST 2020

Hi,

tinc's performance is bad on devices with little resources. That's why we
use fastd. We have experimentally implemented io_uring support. With that fastd is
the fastest userspace VPN and we run it seamlessly with Babel as it supports
TAP (you lose some MTU bytes because of the ethernet header).
There is a pull-request on Github in freifunk-gluon for a WireGuard broker.
WireGuard is the preferred way in my eyes because of its unmatchable performance,
but the broker needs some security measures to be implemented for large-scale deployment.
I'd love to see you find a solution we can all profit from.

Best,

Vincent