[Battlemesh] battlemesh spaces + hybrid exhibition on campaigns for digital rights

panos nethood panos at nethood.org
Thu Oct 22 19:35:09 CEST 2020

Hi Filipe,

The idea is that people having access to suitable spaces (e.g., the
C-base) for hosting "physically" a few participants for the event, they
can add in a wiki (per city) the address, contact, the max. number of
people, equipment, and available time slots. E.g., in Zurich, our space
L200 will be projecting on the screen of the space the online event for
its full duration and around 7-8 people can participate comfortably (in
terms of audio/video equipment) and safely (in terms of distance in the
room).

I wouldn't do much more than this (a wiki page) and rely on people to
provide reliable information and see how it goes, without stress. Then I
could take care to check the content of the wiki, contact people that
seem to have added incomplete information, etc.

Btw, I am working on a page explaining which type of equipment is needed
to improve the quality of "hybrid" events, recycling existing
audio/video devices: https://7at7.ch/tools/

At the next event of our series 7at7, https://7at7.ch/en/, I am
organizing a hybrid exhibition of successful/clever/interesting
campaigns on digital rights.

You can see here the draft description of the event and the current list
of "items" to be printed and exhibited: https://7at7.ch/nov2020/

If anyone has related material (I think that freifunk must have!), and
would like also to join on November 7 at 7pm, when we will present the
exhibition and brainstorm about future campaigns let me know :-)

Best,

Panos.