[Battlemesh] OpenWISP GSoC and Development Sprint February 11, 2022

Federico Capoano f.capoano at openwisp.io
Wed Feb 2 16:34:07 CET 2022

Hi there,

OpenWISP is a management system which allows users to configure,
monitor and manage OpenWRT based devices.

OpenWISP has been participating to GSoC in the last 5 years and we
will apply to participate in the Google Summer of Code 2022 with ideas
like zerotier support or improved indoor mapping capabilities, this
year the requirement of being a student has been finally lifted (this
time for real, not as I announced by mistake last year, lol [1]), this
means that anyone over 18 years old of age can participate in GSoC!.

The next release will be the biggest improvement of OpenWISP since its
inception, we have organized an online and geographically distributed
sprint which will start on Feb 11 and will last until Feb 18 (except
Sunday) in which we'll coordinate efforts to advance with the
resolution of blocking issues.
This will also serve as a training for potential GSoC contributors who
will have a chance to closely collaborate with us and learn all they
need to know about OpenWISP and its interactions with OpenWrt to get
up to speed.

If anyone is interested, find out more info at:
https://eventyay.com/events/b4d212eb-f85d-402b-8575-570335115cba .

Best regards
Federico Capoano

[1]: https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/rules