[Battlemesh] Call for Our Networks 2047: Redistributing the Future, attend online Nov 14-27

dc dc at dcwalker.ca
Tue Oct 11 17:37:59 CEST 2022

After a year of hibernation, we're excited to invite you to our next Our
Networks, an experimental online event - something between an alternate
reality conference, and wiki as collaborative science fiction.

Between November 14–27, 2022 we will host a series of online writeathons
to edit and create a wiki detailing events, people, and things that
happen
between now and 2047 when the sci-fictional event takes place.

🡤 • 🡥 • 🡧 • 🡦 • 🡤 • 🡥 • 🡧 • 🡦
*Our Networks 2047: Redistributing the Future*
November 14–27, 2̶0̶2̶2̶ 2047
Online, Distributed
https://ournetworks.ca

/Drawing inspiration from our favourite sci-fi authors we're headed to a
future for Our Networks 2̶0̶2̶2̶ 2047. Join us over two weeks to call
into the
present an artefact from an Our Networks more than 20 years ahead. We
will
collectively narrate the history of the steps that allowed us to get
there
from here in order to understand where and how we can focus ourselves in
the present./

🡥 We've all been living through these weeks where decades happen.
Looking
🡥 back on our past we find neither dystopia nor utopia. Instead, our
history
🡥 winds in-between, with setbacks and sudden leaps toward the internet
and
🡥 web we want. In order to even try and get there we've had to fight to
🡥 transform the entire world. While there have been great strides in
🡥 remaking where we live, work, and play as we tackle the interleaved
crises
🡥 of climate, capitalism, and co-option. There are still looming
challenges
🡥 and lingering concerns.
🡥
🡥 For an event that has been held alongside these struggles, Our
Networks
🡥 has been a place to share victories and defeats together. Out of a
sense
🡥 of large-scale ruin ⤴, we have kept inventing hope, the kind that
isn't
🡥 optimism, but rather a discipline we practice every single day ⤴. In
2047
🡥 it feels like we are at another critical juncture, just like we were
in
🡥 2022 and 2035.
🡥
🡥 So once again, what will we make of our futures? How do we learn from
our
🡥 pasts? How do we strengthen and extend our forms of redistribution and
🡥 accountability in our spaces, movements, collectives, and institutions
🡥 that have been our inspiration and home the last decades?

/To participate all you need is an internet connection to join us during
the
event annotating the wiki of this future conference./

/We are seeking session leaders to spend at max couple hours writing
abstracts and pitches for the hypothetical conference programming. To
declare your interest, please submit a character's name and bio, area of
interest or talk by October 15, 2022 here as a GitHub issue (we have a
template with prompts to help you):
https://github.com/ournetworks/2022-submissions/issues/new we also have
an FAQ which hopefully explains more here: https://ournetworks.ca/#faq
A week before the event we will share instructions and a registration
form
for those who want to receive a material artefact from the future after
the
event. If you don't want to "lead a session", you can still participate:
registration for wiki-editors will stay open until the event ends. The
online event is between November 14–27, 2022./

/Email us comments or questions: orga at ournetworks.ca/