[Battlemesh] Permanent mesh testbed at the Canodròm Barcelona

bruno vianna bruno at pobox.com
Fri Jul 7 21:38:29 CEST 2023

Hello everyone, and x-posting apologies in advance

We're excited to announce that, as part of the Digicoria residence / Dweb
node Barcelona, we got the ok from Canòdrom to install a permanent set of
routers for testing and development mesh networks and community networking
in general.

The Canòdrom  - https://canodrom.barcelona/  - is an equipment from the
city of Barcelona dedicated to open technologies, participatory democracy
and digital culture. The idea is to plan and install the testbed
collaboratively, and let it ready for remote use. A permanent battlemesh!!

We hope to start installation sometime in September. If you 're interested
in participating in the project - remotely or in person  - let me know!
Also, the agreement is just about the installation and network access, so
we need to use our own routers. If you have any equipment you would like to
lend or donate for the testbed, we'll be glad to take it.

Let's mesh together again!
Bruno

--

bruno at pobox.com ▀─█▄██▄▀▄