[Battlemesh] CFP for Splintercon 2023 - Dec 7-9 in Montreal

Jenny Ryan jenny at equalit.ie
Fri Oct 13 01:41:36 CEST 2023

Hi all!

Wanted to extend this CFP for a new conference my org, eQualitie, is
putting together in December. Many folks on this list would be great
contributors to this gathering of researchers, technologists and hackers
working on combating the ever-growing threat of 'Splinternets', internet
shutdowns and censorship. Full invite below:

--

On December 7-8,<https://equalit.ie/>_eQualitie_ <https://equalit.ie/>
will host the inaugural SplinterCon in Montreal. Conference registration

  *

    Measure the practices and impacts of network isolation and shutdowns

  *

    Evaluate technology solutions for communication with and within
    sovereign networks

  *

    Invest in practical and user-focused solutions for connectivity and
    content distribution

On the 9th of December we will host an additional day in unconference
format to encourage networking and collaboration, providing space for
creativity and taking discussions further!

  * Registration:_https://splintercon.net/registration_
    <https://splintercon.net/registration>
  * Call for papers:_https://splintercon.net/call-for-papers_
    <https://splintercon.net/call-for-papers>
  * Program committee:_https://splintercon.net/program-committee_
    <https://splintercon.net/program-committee>

We encourage everyone to apply early, in particular if
you<https://splintercon.net/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/canvisaguide.pdf>_require
a visa to Canada_
<https://splintercon.net/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/canvisaguide.pdf>.
Travel and accommodation support is available for invited participants
coming from the ‘other side’ of the digital divide. Due to limited space
and ambitions to keep the meeting focused and productive, we will
confirm every registration manually, and with all due respect.

For any questions, please write to info at splintercon.net

Hope to see you in Montreal!

--
Jenny Ryan, Product Owner - Ceno Browser and Ouisync @ eQualitie