[Battlemesh] Mesh protocol that violates OSI stack?

Rory Solomon rory at nyu.edu
Wed Jan 31 04:13:32 CET 2024

Dear Battlemesh friends,

For some research & writing that I'm presently working on, I'm looking for
examples of code within any of the mesh protocols that violates OSI stack
guidelines. For example, routing code in some level that queries data in a
lower level in some way that violates the clean OSI stack layer
abstractions.

I have a vague memory of some discussions around this at BattleMesh v11,
but I don't remember details.

Ultimately I am interested in actual code snippets illustrating this, but
I'm very interested in any pointers or any higher level discussion about
where any mesh algorithm might be doing this.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Rory