[Bologna] Fwd: [lime-users] LiMe and Ground Routing

ThEgAmEr xthegamerx a gmail.com
Sab 4 Apr 2015 23:35:43 CEST

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ilario Gelmetti <iochesonome a gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Apr 4, 2015 at 4:38 PM
Subject: Re: [lime-users] LiMe and Ground Routing
To: users a lists.libre-mesh.org
Cc: gui a altermundi.net

On 04/04/2015 12:03 AM, Ilario Gelmetti wrote:
> Hi all!
> In my house I would like to use the ground routing module [1] of
> LibreMesh. I thought two possible cable topologies [2][3].
> Then my idea was to use Cloudy [4] on the server, AirOS on the
> NanoBridge, LibreMesh on the NanoStation and on the WDR3600.
> For compiling LibreMesh I used this [5] guide enabling the following
> LiMe modules: batman-adv-auto-gw-mode, dnsmasq-lease-share, lime-debug,
> lime-hwd-ground-routing, lime-proto-batadv, lime-proto-wan, lime-system,
> lime-webui.
> So, how should I configure the devices?
> * AirOS on the NanoBridge should be in WDS (Transparent Bridge Mode), right?
> * The managed switch shouldn't need configuration.
> * LiMe with ground routing on WDR3600, should I modify the default
> configuration? How to share the internet connection?
> * LiMe on NanoStation, with or without ground routing?
> Thank you for your help!
> Ilario
>
> [1] https://github.com/libre-mesh/lime-packages/tree/develop/packages/lime-hwd-ground-routing
> [2] https://efesto.eigenlab.org/~ilario/ninux-verona-ilario-architecture.png
> [3] https://efesto.eigenlab.org/~ilario/ninux-verona-ilario-architecture2.png
> [4] http://cloudy.community/
>     http://clommunity-project.eu/
> [5] http://dev.libre-mesh.org/projects/libre-mesh/wiki/Compile_Manually

Hi again!
I had a chat with G10h4ck on IRC [1], summarizing:
1) if I have only one device with AirOS and the other person to which I
connect has only one device with AirOS, there's no need for ground
routing module
2) the AirOS devices have to use WDS (Transparent Bridge Mode)
3) the topology with the WDR3600 directly connected to the modem [2] is
the simplest one
4) OpenWRT should have a good support for pppoe so the communication
between modem and libremesh should work well
5) batman-adv-auto-gw-mode, seems useful, I will include that. @gui:
should it work in my case? Problems when using over pppoe instead of a dhcp?
6) dnsmasq-lease-share is needed only if you use lime-proto-anygw
7) lime-proto-anygw is useful only if you do both layer2 and layer3 routing
8) lime-proto-wan is useful when you receive the internet connection in
a normal way, in my case I receive the connection via pppoe so I don't
need this module, indeed I have to configure that manually (argh)

So the modules that I enabled are:
lime-debug, lime-proto-batadv, lime-system, lime-webui,
batman-adv-auto-gw-mode
no ground routing module and nothing about L3 routing.
I will have to configure the pppoe and configure a dhcp server for
sharing that connection.
Any other suggestion?
Thanks,
Ilario