[Bologna] Fwd: [gaia] The European Broadband Award 2015 goes to the guifi.net community network

ThEgAmEr xthegamerx a gmail.com
Mer 18 Nov 2015 17:19:42 CET

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Leandro Navarro <leandro a ac.upc.edu>
Date: Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 11:25 PM
Subject: [gaia] The European Broadband Award 2015 goes to the
guifi.net community network
To: gaia a irtf.org

Dear all,

This evening we had the award ceremony in Brussels where the guifi.net
community network got the European Broadband Award from the European
Commission for its “innovative model of financing, business and
investment” https://ec.europa.eu/digital-agenda/en/news/five-projects-got-first-ever-european-broadband-award
The video about guifi.net: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD3HYeD4Lm4
A paper that describes its socio-economic and governance model:
http://people.ac.upc.edu/leandro/pubs/crowds-guifi-en.pdf

If you come to the next GAIA workshop (London, Nov 30, colocated with
the ACM-DEV conference) you’ll be able to participate in a world-cafe
style discussion on socio-economic or business/sustainability models
of infrastructures and services for GAIA. Guifi.net, among other
initiatives, will be there.

I hope to see some of you in our next GAIA workshop,
--
Leandro Navarro
http://people.ac.upc.edu/leandro  http://dsg.ac.upc.edu