[ninux-dev] iwconfig JSON output

Claudio Pisa clauz at ninux.org
Tue Nov 18 11:30:36 CET 2014

On 11/14/2014 02:23 PM, Nemesis wrote:
>>  * ma soprattutto:
>> http://t59177.linux-kernel-wireless-general.wirelessforum.info/how-to-find-essid-signal-strength-t59177.html
>
> Per soprattutto ti riferisci a:
>
> "Copy bits of the wpa_supplicant or iw code into your code to get
> this,information. That said, iw output _should_ be fairly stable, in
> this,area."
>
> Oppure a cosa in particolare?

"""
I think someone should fork iw which would only provide tabular output
for shell scripts.
"""

Risposta:
"""
You don't even need to fork, just send me patches :-)

Something like a --batch or --script option (to iw) would probably do
it. We'd have to teach each command to be able to do it though, so we'd
want to have some registration about whether a command is already
converted and disallow the other ones, I guess.
"""

In pratica Johannes Berg, che a quanto pare mantiene iw (e che era
presente allo scorso battlemesh), e' disposto ad accettare patch che
aggiungano un'opzione ad iw per l'output (stabile) in forma tabulare.

Clauz