[Nodeshot] hi !

Nemesis nemesis at ninux.org
Sun Jul 21 18:27:27 CEST 2013

Il 07/21/2013 05:59 PM, Giuseppe De Marco ha scritto:
> > (what do you mean for selectable zoom-in & zoom-out?)
>
> Sorry,
> http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/navtoolbar-alwaysZoom.html
>
> in otherwords: OpenLayers.Control.ZoomBox
>
> another good control is:
> OpenLayers.Control.NavigationHistory
>

> another good tools is a control to draw a polygon and after that it
> display how much node are there (there are 23 nodes in this selection,
> usefull for sub-area nodes count ).
>
> > It really depends on the amount of time you have and what you want
> to achieve.
>
> With a bit of patience. Now I'm working at home for a presentation
> that will be this week but I'm interested at community webGIS
> developing, it's a good chance to use gitHub more then I do.
>
> > The branches to keep track of are these two:
> > https://github.com/nemesisdesign/nodeshot/tree/refactoring
> > https://github.com/stonaz/nodeshot
>
> > The new version requires postgresql and postgis, all the python
> package dependencies are listed in the requirements.txt file.
>
> In my laboratory use postgis too and I've a question:
> Is there any need to store raster or shape files into DB?
>
> OL features can be saved as WKT, and this could avoid postgis setup
> (that it's very annoing to backup and restore with flexibility). If I
> could do a suggestion that could help us I think (imho) that it's
> preferrable to use PostGIS inside another DB and separates the
> Application DB from the GISDB.
>
> With postgis will be used GeoDjango ?

Yes, geodjango is in use. We use it to be able to do spatial queries and
define areas and might be used to save links as lines too.

I don't know the answer to the other questions because I started
studying geodjango in the recent months and I'm no expert about it.
If you have a proposal to optimize thing go ahead and install it as you
prefer and then let me see the result.

> Thank you federico, I appreciate the work you are doing and the
> nodeshot quality. I'd like to contribute the best and the soon I can.

Welcome.