[Nodeshot] hi !

Giuseppe De Marco peppelinux at yahoo.it
Sun Jul 21 17:59:50 CEST 2013

> (what do you mean for selectable zoom-in & zoom-out?)

Sorry,
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/navtoolbar-alwaysZoom.html

in otherwords: OpenLayers.Control.ZoomBox

another good control is:
OpenLayers.Control.NavigationHistory

another good tools is a control to draw a polygon and after that it display how much node are there (there are 23 nodes in this selection, usefull for sub-area nodes count ).

> It really depends on the amount of time you have and what you want
      to achieve.

With a bit of patience. Now I'm working at home for a presentation that will be this week but I'm interested at community webGIS developing, it's a good chance to use gitHub more then I do.

> The branches to keep track of are these two:

> https://github.com/nemesisdesign/nodeshot/tree/refactoring
> https://github.com/stonaz/nodeshot

> The new version requires postgresql and postgis, all the python
      package dependencies are listed in the requirements.txt file.

In my laboratory use postgis too and I've a question:
Is there any need to store raster or shape files into DB?

OL features can be saved as WKT, and this could avoid postgis setup (that it's very annoing to backup and restore with flexibility). If I could do a suggestion that could help us I think (imho) that it's preferrable to use PostGIS inside another DB and separates the Application DB from the GISDB.

With postgis will be used GeoDjango ?

Thank you federico, I appreciate the work you are doing and the nodeshot quality. I'd like to contribute the best and the soon I can.