[Nodeshot] Auto install

Stefano Tonazzi stefano.tonazzi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 16:27:46 CEST 2014

Hi all,
the Nodeshot install procedure can be easily tested on a Virtual Machine
following the instructions below.
These have been tested on a Ubuntu 12.04 host, but can be easily replicated
on other systems:

#Install Vagrant and VirtualBox
apt-get install virtualbox
apt-get install vagrant

# Config VirtualBox host only network
VBoxManage hostonlyif create
VBoxManage hostonlyif ipconfig vboxnet0 --ip <host private ip address. e.g:
192.168.56.1>

#Vagrant config
mkdir <my_vagrantVM_dir>
cd <my_vagrantVM_dir>
vagrant init hashicorp/precise32 ( or hashicorp/precise64 depending on your
system)
# Edit Vagrantfile and create a host-only private network which allows
host-only access to the machine
vim Vagrantfile
# Uncomment line 27 and change the IP address according to the one you
defined for your host
# e.g. config.vm.network "private_network", ip: "192.168.56.2"

# Start Vagrant
vagrant up
# ssh into VM and abilitate root login
vagrant ssh
vagrant at precise32:~$ sudo -i
root at precise32:~# passwd root
Enter new UNIX password:
Retype new UNIX password:
passwd: password updated successfully

# Run nodeshot install procedure on host:
pip install fabric
Download
https://github.com/ninuxorg/nodeshot/blob/deploy_test/INSTALL/fabfile.py
fab install -H <VM ip address> -u user -p password

Bye
Stefano