[Nodeshot] adding polygons and custom fields to geodata? workflow?

nemesis nemesis at ninux.org
Wed Aug 26 11:34:03 CEST 2015

 Hello and welcome Karma,

 On Wed, 26 Aug 2015 00:09:03 +0200, Karma Kolabor
 <collaborista at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> nodeshot looks very good, thanks for open sourcing this!
>
> I would like to build a collaborative web mapping solution that comes
> quite near to what I see in nodeshot.
>
> However, I  have some questions (of course):
>
> - is it possible to add polygons, not only points? I need people to
> draw areas, not only points.

 The database and API allow it, although the frontend does not have this
 feature yet.
 From the backend (admin site, eg: /admin) you can verify that other
 geometries are allowed for nodes.

> - how can I add custom fields to a point / area of interest? I only
> need some text and number fields attached to the geolocation.

 This could satisfy your need:
 http://docs.nodeshot.org/en/latest/topics/nodes.html#nodeshot-nodes-hstore-schema

 Here's an example usage:
 https://isp.namex.it/#nodes/telecom-italia-spa

 The point of interest has many fields that are specific to ISPs.

> - what about image upload for a geolocation?

 Also this feature is present in the backend and API but not in the
 frontend yet.

> - is there a workflow integrated in nodeshot? I need at least a
> simple
> approval workflow, so editors can check before publishing.

 There's an option here:
 http://docs.nodeshot.org/en/latest/topics/nodes.html#nodeshot-nodes-published-default

 Which allows a node to have published = 0 by default.

 Although I haven't tried it with real users yet.

> - what about support for mobile (apps)?

 Nodeshot has a HTTP RESTful API, it also returns GeoJSON.
 You can build any user interface or mobile app with it.
 But there's no mobile app out of the box.

> Thank you very much for your attention,
> have a nice day,
> Karma

 Welcome