[Ninux-Wireless] Starting a new node in Venice

Ruben freifunk a r.z11.de
Gio 22 Dic 2016 02:34:43 CET

since our goal is to provide internet access through the mesh network
too there, it would be good to know if there is a community in italy,
that provides that? That uses VPN exits to redirect the internet traffic?
maybe we can join that community then. For example, maybe there is a
community using gluon already?

cheers,
Ruben

> On Tue, 2016-12-20 at 17:14 +0100, Ruben wrote:
> >/Hi there, />//>/Me and a Friend would like to start a node in Venice to mesh with />/another node in a pub next door to give the visitors free wifi. />//
> Hi Ruben,
>
> >/Is there an easy way to join an existing community, where we just />/download a firmware, flash two routers (for example TP-Link WR842N v3) />/and get lucky? /
> the short answer is "not really". Ninux is a community network in which
> every ninux island does things the way they want, we don't have one
> firmware/platform/software that we ask people to install, and we
> don't really have a stated goal of sharing an Internet connection.
> It's more a hacker community in which each group wants to build their
> own network (for the bad and the good this implies) and help each other
> to reach this goal.
>
> So feel free to ask for help, and feel free to use any solution you
> feel confident with, even gluon if that's your choice.
>
> ciao,
> leonardo.

---