[Ninux-Wireless] Fwd: [FCC] OpenWRT: 2004-2016, killed by the FCC.

nemesis nemesis a ninux.org
Gio 18 Feb 2016 10:15:43 CET

 Oggetto un pò catastrofico ma credo a fin di bene.

 -------- Original Message --------
 Subject: [FCC] OpenWRT: 2004-2016, killed by the FCC.
 Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 15:13:03 -0800
 From: Dave Taht <dave.taht a gmail.com>
 To: bufferbloat-fcc-discuss
 <bufferbloat-fcc-discuss a lists.redbarn.org>,
 fcc a lists.prplfoundation.org

 List of TPlink routers that cannot be reflashed due to FCC rules:
 http://is.gd/HPrGgu as confirmed by a tp-link service rep.

 Some folk are trying to turn the recent glibc bug into a meta-argument
 for source to critical infrastructure:

 https://plus.google.com/u/0/+AlanCoxLinux/posts/4WwDBRq5A9F

 (although many are using a different libc, which does not appear to be
 vulnerable - it does however, have less eyeballs on it)

 Dan Gillmor also had a good piece today:

 http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/future_tense/2016/02/tech_reviews_should_assess_gadget_app_security_and_privacy.html?wpsrc=sh_all_dt_tw_ru

 I keep wondering what mudge is up to. I LIKE the U/L insurance bet
 idea.

 and it would be nice to find some forum (medium? circleid?) for
 debating the mandates we'd outlined in the wifi vs fcc letter.

 --
 Dave Täht
 https://www.gofundme.com/savewifi