[Battlemesh] No results again

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Mon May 9 13:48:26 UTC 2016

> You still hit the same problems as we had 10 years ago, it takes too
> much time to get a decent testbed running.

No, Benjamin, read Federico's mail again.

Last year, most of the people working on the testbed tried to get wibed to
work.  A small group of people (including Federico), some of which had
never touched an OpenWRT router before, decided to work in parallel and
build a simple testbed that we fully understood.  The small group got some
very useful results; the wibed people got none.

Let us please face it: the notion of a magical testbed that will solve
world hunger is fundamentally flawed.  The basic idea behind wibed is
fundamentally flawed.  Let's take this into account in the future -- let's
limit ourselves to simple test frameworks that people actually understand.

-- Juliusz