[Battlemesh] No results again

Roger Baig Viñas roger.baig at gmail.com
Mon May 9 15:07:39 UTC 2016

Hi and goodbye,

FORTUNATELY the evidences contradict the unfounded statements (the way
of doing science of some academics -together with overlooking the
facts which contradict their theories). In v6, inspired on v5's work,
we presented WiBed and, not only we  got test results, but we were
able to present them in figures systematically produced and a full
report was delivered afterwards [1].

UNFORTUNATELY some individuals insist in expelling people from the WBM
while the community stays quite. Last year was Sven's turn, now it is
mine.

[1] https://github.com/axn/wbm2pdf
[2] http://ml.ninux.org/pipermail/battlemesh/2015-August/003807.html

My apologises to those who trust me again after last year's farce.

On 9 May 2016 at 15:48, Juliusz Chroboczek
<jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr> wrote:
>> You still hit the same problems as we had 10 years ago, it takes too
>> much time to get a decent testbed running.
>
> No, Benjamin, read Federico's mail again.
>
> Last year, most of the people working on the testbed tried to get wibed to
> work.  A small group of people (including Federico), some of which had
> never touched an OpenWRT router before, decided to work in parallel and
> build a simple testbed that we fully understood.  The small group got some
> very useful results; the wibed people got none.
>
> Let us please face it: the notion of a magical testbed that will solve
> world hunger is fundamentally flawed.  The basic idea behind wibed is
> fundamentally flawed.  Let's take this into account in the future -- let's
> limit ourselves to simple test frameworks that people actually understand.
>
> -- Juliusz

roger