[Nodeshot] Refactoring doubt: device fields firmware and OS

nemesis nemesis at ninux.org
Thu Nov 7 10:04:59 CET 2013

 Not very complex programmatically. Infact for the Routing Protocols
 table we have two fields, name and version.

 In the beginning I just hoped to have more human version numbers, but
 that's ok, the world is complex.

 I will eliminate "firmware", add "os_version" and refactor the
 automatic scripts so that they insert the firmware name in the field
 "os" and the version, whatver that is (number, code-name, hash) in the
 os_version.

 For any other improvement we'll think about that in the future and
 refactor/db migrate if needed.

 Nemesis

 PS: prepare.. next questions are going to be harder, I'll write as I
 find spare time