[Battlemesh] Wifi-Opp

F L legendre at tik.ee.ethz.ch
Thu Oct 20 22:08:52 CEST 2011

Flooding performance corresponds to how much content you can send from nodes in the traces being source and constantly flooding to all other nodes being recipients.
Since we lose some time for the election of mobile AP nodes, this is where nothing is transferred and hence some capacity is lost.
I still had in mind that we achieved 90%-10% but you're right, we are below these values. A good tradeoff (comparing Fig 1 and 4) is when we use a scanning time of 150s which uses 5 times less energy than WiFi Ad Hoc (20%) with a flooding performance of 70% of what WiFi Ad Hoc would provide.

We'll confirm all this through experiments very soon.

Cheers,
--
Franck