[Battlemesh] Poster 0.4 (RC)

Nemesis nemesis at ninux.org
Sun Feb 9 16:34:50 CET 2014

Hey,

On 02/09/2014 04:19 PM, Simon Wunderlich wrote:
> Hey Federico,
>
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> here's the poster:
>> http://static.nemesisdesign.net/battlemesh/poster-0.4.png
>>
> looks very nice, thanks for your work!
>
> Just two little remarks, could we have "Sublab / Leipzig / Germany" or
> something like that in the second line? I think the location of the event is
> not really clear in the poster (OK, it's in the logo, but ...). I'm thinking
> about the case if the poster is printed and hanging somewhere (e.g. in an
> university in Spain), someone who doesn't know the event would wonder where it
> is. :) Also we could add http:// or www. in front of the 3rd text line, but
> that's just for the oldschoolers who don't recognize it as an URL on first
> sight. :)

I see what you mean. I explained why I simplified the poster in a
previous email.

I re-paste:

"I eliminated the address of Sublab because as we have more logos it's
started to look crowded, then I thought what it is not necessary
according to our goals? Our goal is not to put this poster on walls
around the city before the event, rather it's just a promotion thing
that we'll show on webpages and  hopefully at the event, so the address
is not necessary. Less is more!"

If we need a version to put in universities and other places I will have
to adapt it (more info on location, address, website, ecc.), but are we
sure is going to be effective?

Regarding the third line, I could add www. easily, but have you noticed
that the wording inside the submarine does not have www. or http:// ? It
would be a slight inconsitency, but if you are sure it would be useful
I'll add it. Let me know.

> Cheers,
>     Simon
>
>> sorry for the delay, I would have liked to finish it the first days of
>> february but I couldn't.
>>
>> Hope you like it.
>>
>> Have your saybut quickly..
>>
>> @aaron: sorry I had to edit the OLSR logo because I couldn't fit it well
>> with the other routing protocols. Let me know if that is not ok
>>
>> @libremesh: that line on the left is also a bit hard to handle, I would
>> consider a simplified version (handy for these type of cases) of your
>> logo for the future
>>
>> Get ready to publish the endorsements on your websites!
> I'll prepare the BATMAN/open-mesh.org endorsement later today!

Great!