[Battlemesh] Hardware to bring for Battlemeshv12

Baptiste Jonglez baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org
Sun Jul 7 09:42:42 CEST 2019

Hi,

Regarding hardware, it is best to coordinate on the Battlemesh mailing list.

On 06-07-19, Zachary Giles wrote:
> I'm bringing ( unless someone says otherwise ):
> Linksys WRT1900ACS ( openwrt )
> Linksys WRT3200ACM ( openwrt )
> GLinet B1300 ( openwrt )
> Espressobin v5 ( no wifi, openwrt )
> Orangepi Zero x2 ( debian )
> MK SXTsq5ac x2
> MK HAPac2
> MK HexS

In our community network in France, we are currently looking for a good
home router for fiber access, that is:

- supports openwrt (or not too hard to support)
- can route gigabit (with NAT + firewall)
- stable wifi, 802.11ac
- cheap (< 60 €)
- no need for a SFP port as it is handled by another device (often ONT)

Some of the models in your list seem to fit these requirements, so I would
be glad to test them!  If you think of other models as well that would be
great.

I am also bringing several candidate models for testing:

- mikrotik HAP ac²
- ZBT-WE3526
- Alfa AC1200R
- some old Netgear WNR3500L

What I am missing is two powerful PC (NUC or good laptop) to setup a
wired performance testbench.