[Battlemesh] CFP: Our Networks 2019 RE: Infrastructures, September 20-22, 2019

dc dc at dcwalker.ca
Tue Jun 18 23:19:52 CEST 2019

Hi folks,

Another year of this conference happening in Toronto, thought I'd send
around the CFP again. Please circulate widely!

Also I'll be at Battle Mesh this year if folks want to chat.

Best,
Dawn

---

⚐ CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

Our Networks 2019 | RE: Infrastructures
▷ September 20–22, 2019
▷ Toronto, Ontario
▷ https://ournetworks.ca/

A conference about the past, present, and future of building our own
network infrastructures. RE: Infrastructures explores the collective
care and maintenance of alternative networking practices—new protocols,
peer-to-peer connections, offline-first computing, and community-based
governance. Join us in imagining infrastructures of regeneration,
repair, and resistance 🍃🎛🛠

We are inviting proposals for talks, workshops, discussions,
demonstrations, art pieces, and interventions to explore this theme.
Topics could include, but are in no way limited to:

▶︎ Practices of reparative networking
▶︎ Remediation practices for communication infrastructures
▶︎ Uncooptable computing reconfigurations
▶︎ Reconstructing technology after refusal
▶︎ Regenerative approaches that resist status quo tech

The deadline for proposals is July 1, 2019, check out our full call for
participation for submission instructions: https://ournetworks.ca/