[Battlemesh] New name for the Battlemesh?

yanosz freifunk at yanosz.net
Tue Feb 4 21:02:05 CET 2020

Heiho,

Am 04/02/2020 um 18.21 schrieb Vincent Wiemann:
> Hi yanosz,
>
> you're right. This is all very bad and insane, but I think you underestimate the danger of not interfering.
> If you as an enlightened person step back from interfering, psychopaths and narcissists take your place.
> And they don't have these scruples...
>
> The philosophical and ethical background of my opinion is simple, but long and complex at first sight
> (please excuse my historic simplifications and remarks):

I disagree.

> When you look at history the Roman Empire became the catholic church, but some governors (Kings and Emperors) rebelled against the pope
[..]

Well, try to substitute "you" with "I". [0]
Anyway, I don't think that's good to discuss this analysis on the
battlemesh-ml - it's rather OT, and I don't see that it'll help.

> What would you do against that?

Propagating a culture based on respect, well being and openness.

Regarding battle mesh: Invite peoples from all over the world and try to
encourage them to collaborate peacefully. By design that excludes
sessions on handling landmines (i.e. war crimes) to follow a disputed
balance-of-power paradigm.

> My opinion is most people are naive and are being made stupid artificially. They just don't care and one can't really change it.

> I was thinking like you before I've grasped how the world works.

I don't think that you or I grasped how the world works. You can model
certain aspects and try connect them by reasoning, but as you said by
"lease excuse my historic simplifications" - each model is a
simplification covering only parts of it. Statements like "The only
thing that saves us from George Orwell's 1984 is the balance of power."
look radical to me and neglect relevant aspects of humankind, that are
just outside your model.

Greetz, yanosz

[0]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constructivist_epistemology#Radical_constructivism