[Battlemesh] teleconferencing systems

Pedro pedro at cas.cat
Fri Mar 13 21:40:49 CET 2020

No, it uses webrtc, but there is more than the P2P topology for the
media. It uses the SFU way [1] [2].

OK, I was in lessons that worked that way (called webinar, right?) but
with propietary software (one used zoom.us, gitlab; the other,
gotomeeting.com). The workflow was: one guy talking with a screen
sharing and the students could chat (they could use voice, but the mess
started: trust 40 microphones appropiately configured). Chat was preferred.

Aha, that's interesting. Jitsi is not intended to be used that way by
default. And then remembered peerstreamer [3] which is done by some
people in this mailing list, right?

Then found this, so jitsi guys are working on it too [4]

[1] Selective Forwarding Unit (SFU) designed to run thousands of video
streams from a single server — and it’s fully open source and WebRTC
compatible. https://jitsi.org/jitsi-videobridge/
[2] old but still interesting
https://jitsi.org/jitsi-videobridge-performance-evaluation/
[3] http://peerstreamer.org/