[Battlemesh] The real battlemesh: internet shutdown

Vincent Wiemann vincent.wiemann at ironai.com
Sat Mar 14 17:00:58 CET 2020

Hi Jonathan,

On 14.03.20 15:06, Jonathan Morton wrote:
>> On 14 Mar, 2020, at 3:43 pm, Benjamin Henrion <zoobab at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> As for the food rush we saw yesterday, we should be prepared.
>
> Some of the shortages will be due to panic buying, which will severely exacerbate any minor shortage due to temporary supply-chain disruptions.  If you avoid panic, you make life easier for others.  Be creative in your choice of durable food stocks.  Milk and bread are not durable!

You're wrong. Bread rolls contain a lot of alcohol which evaporates when baked. UHT milk is pasteurized, filtered using membranes and homogenized. It does not even need to be cooled. Both bread rolls and milk are durable for at least half a year.

Something that is missing on most lists are lentils. Lentils contain more protein than meat, a lot of iron, folate and fiber.

Best,

Vincent