[Battlemesh] building and supporting imaginary

Pedro pedro at cas.cat
Thu Apr 27 20:23:22 CEST 2023

Hi Ignifugo,

I like your proposal, in general, current logo is very minimal, and
adding things on top of it could make it more attractive and appealing.
Also outreaching communities out there to make them know about the event
and our inclusive values

So please do so, I think there is no doubt we all want a diverse and
peaceful community

Gancio instance, what a good idea, there is a gancio instance in
Barcelona that is https://bcn.convoca.la/

I perceive that in general, the catalan culture activity, is respectful
with women

As a curiosity, and cultural sharing thing, can you please link me in
detail about the "high king of the sky" christian celebration?

Regarding "castells":

I am seeing several women when I look into two of the most important
"colles castelleres" (groups) [1], not presidents (only looked on the
two most important), and I don't know why, I don't know enough.

I am not really aware of human castles, but I heard it is very
demanding; that there is people that only live for that

I am not aware of who is "Mariona Galindo", but that is a proof that
women participate in catalan human castles. Looks like she had an
accident, because what they did is very difficult, and sometimes risky
for human health, it is a complex challenge between human, gravity, and
it require a lot of cooperation of all to succeed. For the few things I
know about this (modern) tradition, it is very different with what we
are used to see in other human activities that populate so much people
in a place, such as sports and other mainstream activities. There is a
strong sense of respect, and a sense of collective; respecting the
others, so it is very nice to see

Cheers and see you soon!
Pedro

[1]
https://www.minyons.cat/la-colla/junta/
here you can see, in fact, a feminist comission "comissió feminista"
https://www.castellersdevilafranca.cat/els-castellers/organitzacio-interna/junta-tecnica/

in wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castellers_de_Vilafranca
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minyons_de_Terrassa

On 4/27/23 17:46, ignifugo via Battlemesh wrote:

> [...]
> >>
> >> is not hospitable imagery for everyone.
> >>
> >> I know that Barcelona is an indigenous and probably even male-only
> practice and still traditionally closed....
> >>
> >> So I ask you, what is being done so that such symbolism does not
> result in an invitation ONLY toward the dominant class of the region?
> but we are in time if we want to
> >>
> >> I ask this because I am concerned and would ask you in what ways we
> can detourment this.
> >>
> >> I understand that we are almost 2 weeks away from the event--and so
> it is a package thing as well....
> >> I wonder how mixed the organization is and how questioned we are
> about being open to non-white men.
> >>
> >> That historically for us is an issue and also visually,
> representing pyramids, for a group that runs horizontal p2p links, is
> not absurd.
> >>
> >> A proposal of mine may be that we do another asterisk design,
> adding up a lot of those different pyramids, until we build a network,
> and we make a statement, simply expressing that we were wrong
> >> and and we spread it to all the transfeminist groups in Barna and
> the hacklab...
> >> what do you say?
> >> the rest we don't change it, but we use this sort of mistake to
> open dialogue..
> >>
> >> kisses
> >> Ignifugo
>
>> On 4/25/23 12:50, ignifugo via Battlemesh wrote:
>>> ciao people,
>>>
>>> I start speaking in my language, and after I try to translate.
>>> english at the end...
>>>

>>> Vorrei porvi l'attenzione che un logo a piramide, piena di uomini
>>> muscolosi:
>>>
>>> https://battlemesh.org/BattleMeshV15?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=WBMv15-logo-v0.png
>>>

>>> non è immaginario ospitale per tutti.
>>>
>>> So che Barcellona è una pratica autoctona e probabilmente anche solo
>>> maschile ed ancora tradizionalmente chiusa...
>>>
>>> Quindi vi chiedo, che cosa si fa perchè una simbologia simile non si
>>> traduca in un invito SOLO verso la classe dominante della regione?
>>>
>>> Lo chiedo perchè sono preoccupata e vi chiederei in che modo
>>> possiamo fare detourment di ciò.
>>>
>>> Capisco che siamo a quasi 2 settimane dall'evento... e quindi è pure
>>> un pacco sta cosa..
>>> mi chiedo quanto sia mista l'organizzazione e quanto ci sia
>>> interrogati sullì'apertura verso i non uomini bianchi.
>>>
>>> Che storicamente per noi è un problema ed anche visualmente,
>>> rappresentare piramidi, per un gruppo che gestisce collegamenti p2p
>>> orizzontali, non sia assurdo.
>>>
>>> Una mia proposta può essere che facciamo un altro disegno ad
>>> asterisco, sommando molte di quelle piramidine differenti, fino a
>>> costruire una rete e facciamo un comunicato, esprimendo
>>> semplicemente che ci siam sbagliate..
>>> e e lo diffondiamo a tutti i gruppi transfemministi di Barna e le
>>> hacklab..
>>> che ne dite?
>>> il resto non lo cambiamo, ma anzi usiamo questo erroruccio per

>>> Ignifugo
>>> ___________________________________________
>>>
>>> ciao
>>>
>>> I would like to bring to your attention that a pyramid logo, full of
>>> muscular men:
>>>
>>> https://battlemesh.org/BattleMeshV15?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=WBMv15-logo-v0.png
>>>

>>> is not hospitable imagery for everyone.
>>>
>>> I know that Barcelona is an indigenous and probably even male-only
>>> practice and still traditionally closed....
>>>
>>> So I ask you, what is being done so that such symbolism does not
>>> result in an invitation ONLY toward the dominant class of the
>>> region? but we are in time if we want to
>>>
>>> I ask this because I am concerned and would ask you in what ways we
>>> can detourment this.
>>>
>>> I understand that we are almost 2 weeks away from the event--and so
>>> it is a package thing as well....
>>> I wonder how mixed the organization is and how questioned we are
>>> about being open to non-white men.
>>>
>>> That historically for us is an issue and also visually, representing
>>> pyramids, for a group that runs horizontal p2p links, is not absurd.
>>>
>>> A proposal of mine may be that we do another asterisk design, adding
>>> up a lot of those different pyramids, until we build a network, and
>>> we make a statement, simply expressing that we were wrong
>>> and and we spread it to all the transfeminist groups in Barna and
>>> the hacklab...
>>> what do you say?
>>> the rest we don't change it, but we use this sort of mistake to open
>>> dialogue..
>>>
>>> kisses
>>> Ignifugo