[Battlemesh] building and supporting imaginary

ignifugo ignifugo at insicuri.net
Sun Apr 30 13:15:31 CEST 2023

On 29/04/23 12:15, Pedro via Battlemesh wrote:
> Hi ignifugo,
>
> According to the registration, we are going to have very few local
> participation. Barcelona is also known for attracting people from
> outside but not the locals. But I am not giving up, any help on reaching
> them it will be fine and fun.

hi Pedro
and all the other people of the organization of this version of Battlemesh,

thanks for your effort, time and mediation from global to local and back :)

> In general, here you have my +1 to all your proposals:
>
> +1 to wiki edit. according to the wiki's history, this edition was only
> edited by 3 people: 77, marek, pedro [1]. I don't know if there is a
> permission problem, but please, edit it the way you think it would be
> more inclusive, or it would communicate better what we are doing. If you
> cannot edit, we could work on rearranging permissions, or send them to
> me and I will include it mentioning in the comment that are your
> contributions. (The same apply to other people that could struggle
> editing the wiki)

I did but in the page, participants
https://battlemesh.org/BattleMeshV15/Participants

because the others looks blocked to edit.
I can't also create new pages.

I share to you some screenshot to fix.. I think is an issue of
permission.. the pages say : immutable pages. on top

https://pic.infini.fr/gallery#qfLXV5hK/nPntZsUY.png,2msGsluT/WazSgn23.png,arlPm7sJ/gxXMrChV.png

I paste here the text of Roger, if is possible is nice if stay quite top
of the main page of the version15.. thanks again

I didn't edit writing explicit: "trans-feminist welcome" or "we will not
tolerate act of racism, colonialism and omofobia", because this is a
level that we have to agree all together, this not a personal decision,
but a collective decision and we have to agree together thinking and
comparing how much self-education we have done to ourselves to get out
of structural problems like racism and sexism. So decide and write only
if we think that we can really apply :)
So I can't define it, but maybe we can do in the roundtable or in the
final assembly?

> +1 to flyer on the web, open to include it, let me know how can I help

I did this,
https://pic.infini.fr/gallery#bWKHle6D/AvomHRYM.png,PEEQOfif/tJRSROf4.png,R3YlNZW1/a1hkDHM5.png

hem I used the slogan from Porto...

looking now.. I think is missing Open.. somewhere.. but can works..
I'm sorry but I'm not a grafic design :/

Maybe logos of the community that will partecipating can help.

I think to publish also on https://bcn.convoca.la/about..
I think we are compliant with their requests.. like..

we push FOSS.. and if we have to fit in one of that category, I thinks
we can stay in:

-Defensa i transformació de serveis públics: educació, sanitat,
transport...   COMMUNICATION NETWORKS :)

-Moviment cooperatiu ..

I think a lot of ECOxarxas are using GUIFINET, but maybe is a mine idea..

Will be possible have some talks about the ECOxarcas? I think is a
magnific example of human networks based on a idea of "equality"..about
productions of food and interchanges.. and about local money..

but I knew some in 2017.. so I don't know now..

Do you think is important I specific ask to someone a talk/charla about
this?
or.. already someone submitted?

> +1 to the round table, would you like to coordinate that event proposal?
> Send to v15 at battlemesh.org details about the event
> https://battlemesh.org/BattleMeshV15/#Call_for_participation

yeah, thanks! I think I can coordinate a round table,

and I would like also submit a talk about the use of developer tools in
networking, so something about git/pass/ssh to manage things together in
local organization. I send soon the two proposals.

Can be also the place where we can speak freely about aggression/micro
aggression that people lived in IT events to have clear what is endemic
racism and sexism..

> ( By the way, this is also a general call for participation; for anyone
> thinking that she might have an interesting topic to raise at
> battlemesh: through an event, wiki contribution, comment, etc. )
>
> Looks like the Bechdel test apply for film, can you adapt it to
> battlemesh or show me an alternate link that explains that to more
> detail and more specific for our event [3]
>
> But trying to apply "bechdel test" to the event myself without knowing
> to much: if you would like to have a non mixed event proposal (with no
> men), I am sure you will have a lot of support from calafou people: even
> if you need an extra room that was not planned or expected, etc.

thanks for this,
I think the round table is enougth and give us more advantage if we do
mixed.
and the Bechdel test in grafic of humans can be one of the topic.

Personally I check if in a poster:
- are rapresented also feminine/trans/queer not white human
- if are rapresented: if they are the protagonists, if they act as
soggettivity together, if they act in autonomy from men,...

I prefer go deep in this topic speaking, because english for me is a bit
hard.. sorry. Thanks that you went to read the wikipedia pages
and by now the Bedchel test is outdated, it was a test to show the
injustice of representation of women in films, and it was then extended
so that we see the injustice of representation of many categories in a
level of intersectional politics.

> By the way, I thought that by doing the event in calafou was enough
> motivation to some of that trans-feminist community to come; and by the
> way, thanks for helping us on improving our communication to them, it
> was really helpful

hem.. I try to invite.. I'm not sure that will come.

> In another level, your comments on promoting the event to local
> communities encourage me to do some personal pre-feedback about the
> people are coming (registration), I think it would be a very nice
> discussion. If people that could not come, could add that comments in
> some way we can raise it during that discussion it would be nice
>
> About the guifi.net community, I sent this notice in catalan and spanish
> to several channel with very few success [2], I am not justifying
> myself, If you have feedback why I received so low to none people from
> there. Let me know if you have other ideas why they are not coming.
>
> I tried to reach collectives and individuals [3] that might be
> interested, channels: in their mailing list, to personal emails, ear to
> ear example "by the way, we have battlemesh meeting, maybe you would
> like to join"),
>
> All of that to have around 30 people confirmed, despite having
> explicitly said that it is important to register and that in this
> edition we are going to have to manage many more things ourselves
> (sleep, eat, clean).

I think there will be more people than have signed up!
and yes I'll try to write to some community and people in these days.

see you soon!

ignifugo