[Battlemesh] Ideas for Google Summer of Code 2023

Andreas Bräu ab at andi95.de
Sun Feb 5 18:17:27 CET 2023

Hello everyone,

next Tuesday, on 7.2. the deadline for the application for the Google
Summer of Code ends. Our application is ready, but we can still use more
project ideas.

You have the chance to mentor your project idea together with a
"contributor". The contributor gets money from Google and the project
runs for about 3 months. The goal is, of course, that the person is so
enthusiastic about the community work that he or she simply continues to
work.

Projects can go in very different directions:

* Extensions for OpenWRT
* WiFi drivers
* Tools you need in your communities
* web applications

Some examples from the last years are e.g. the OpenWRT firmware
selector, Meshenger, Hoodselector, Freifunk API Generator, netifd
extensions, Libremesh Attended Sysupgrade, Retroshare improvements and
many more. From these projects some developers actually stayed and
continue to support freifunk and OpenWRT.

If you also have ideas, you can add them at
https://github.com/freifunk/projects.freifunk.net-contents.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Best regards

Andi