[Battlemesh] Testbed v15 (2023)

Federico Capoano f.capoano at openwisp.io
Mon Mar 20 17:14:37 CET 2023

Hi everyone,

I have offered my help to Pedro who is coordinating the infrastructure at
the venue to set up the testbed.

We just kicked off this effort and discussed the next steps:

- I will prepare a basic firmware with the basics (mesh management network
to allow the devices to communicate, remote management features via
OpenWISP)
- Once we get it working on a few test devices I will start adding the
different routing daemons we want to test in (I'm inclined to focus on the
usual dynamic routing demons that we used in the past editions)
- Pedro will visit the venue to scout potential deployment issues and test
the devices in advance

Once we get these steps done I will focus on making sure we can switch from
one routing daemon to the other without breaking the testbed.
At that point we're going to be pretty much ready to focus on designing and
running the tests.
I am inclined to use Flent <https://flent.org/> again which we used in the
past and yielded very interesting results.
But I am very open to suggestions.

We welcome others to join this effort, so if you're keen let us know!

Federico (aka Nemesis)